Dialog confident Pengerang oil terminal up by January 2014 despite the lawsuit

KAMPUNG SUNGAI KAPAL, April 14 — The first phase of the Malaysia’s ambitious RM5 billion deepwater oil terminal in Pengerang, Johor is on schedule and will be operational by January 2014, Dialog group executive chairman Ngau Boon Keat said yesterday.

The project, which is expected to help propel south Johor into one of the world’s premier petrochemical hubs, was recently hit with a lawsuit that could threaten to suspend work, but Ngau said that progress on the terminal, which is currently at the land reclamation stage is continuing as planned.

A group comprising 578 fishermen filed the suit last week against Pengerang Independent Terminals Sdn Bhd (PITS), Dialog E&L Sdn Bhd and the Johor government over the terminal’s land reclamation works that they claimed affected their livelihood.

Dialog confident Pengerang oil terminal up by January 2014 despite the lawsuit

This entry was posted in Pengerang Latest News. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>